Tuesday, April 10, 2012

40th Birthday!!!

I'm still researching the Webster family. My husband bought me a 6 month membership with Ancestry.com - while researching on there I found several photos of the Webster family. This one is of Frederic Roy Webster & his wife Mary B. Blett Webster, my great great grandparents. Not sure when it was in the paper, but it says they are celebrating their 65 wedding anniversary.

I've got them being married on 26 Mar 1878 in Shermantown, Allegan County, MI (source: Dibean Marriage Collection) and they both died in 1942 (her in Feb & him in Nov). So if the marriage year is right they celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary in 1943 which is impossible.... OR I've death dates wrong, which I doubt because I found their death records on Ancestry.com & correspondence with a granddaughter of theirs.

I celebrated my 40th birthday, and yes I did have a minor mid-life crisis... but I snapped out of it when my hubby gave me this gift & my zeal for research was renewed. I can't wait for some free time to make a trip to the State of Michigan's Library to get into some "old school" researching. :-) All in all, my birthday was a mildstone I will not forget anytime soon.

Much Love from Michigan


No comments: