This is somewhat of a time line..
- Mary Conley born Circa 1831-1835 (based on age at time Census & Marriage's) in Cayuga County, NY.
- Mary Conley married an Lester Gibbs on 12 Nov 1850 in Lapeer County, MI.
- Mary & Lester had one daughter Eleanor D. "Ella" Gibbs born between 1852-1854 in Lapeer County. She married (1) John H. Wortman (2) John H. Hand
- I found Lester in 1860 within the same house as Mary Jane, Eleanor & Philo. (I've been told by a Gibbs family member that Philo married a Mary Jane so where is Lester's wife Mary?)
- Mary Conley-Gibbs marries Charles M. Garner in 1861 in NY (oddly enough I found a Charles Garner living with an elderly couple Robert & Mary Conly in Cayuga NY in 1860).
- Daughter Harriet A. "Hattie" Garner born in 24 November 1863 in NY (possible Walcott, Wayne County, NY)
- Son Albert "Bert" Garner born Circa 1862-64.
- Charles died while in service during the Civil War in Salisbury Prison, NC on 24 December 1864 of Malnutrition; according to those papers he was born in Cayuga County, NY.
- Mary, Harriet and Albert moved back to Michigan between 1864 and 1868.
- Mary married Mortimer Hilliker on 29 March 1868 in Dryden, Lapeer County, MI, and according to that marriage record she was born in Cayuga County, NY.
- 4 Dec 1868 Lapeer Co., MI, Deeds appointed guardian to daughter Ella Gibbs (I don't understand this but this is what it says... "Ella D. Gibbs, By Guardian Mortimer Hilliker, Metamora Between Mary Hilliker, Metamora, Special Guardian of Ella D. Gibbs, an Infant under 21...Mary Hilliker, mother of Ella Gibbs, appointed guardian 4 Dec 1868")
- Daughter Lillian J. Hilliker born on 22 Dec 1868 in Dryden, Lapeer County, MI.
- Then I find them with Mortimer in the 1870 Census, all with the last name of Hilliker in Dryden, Lapeer County, MI. Ella isn't with them, and Albert & Harriet have the last name of Hilliker.
- In Thornville Cemetery (where Gibb's & Hilliker families are buried) I found a Mary Hilliker buried there, with the dates of 1834-1871 (Thornville Cemetery)
- In the 1880 Census I can not find Mary or daughter Harriet, Albert is in NY with an uncle Alfred Garner, Lillian is with Mortimer's parents Joseph & Emily.
To finish off the time line it will be focused on her children...
- I found Harriet marriage record to James G. Neff 3 Jul 1880 in Dryden, Lapeer County, MI, that states that she (Hattie) lived in Dryden and that her mother's maiden name is Mary Conley.
- I found Lillian (or Lillie)'s marriage to a Guy Sherman on 30 Sept. 1899 in Lapeer, Lapeer County, MI (and also according to that her mother's maiden name was Conley); He married 2 more times after that marriage so I don't know what happen to Lillie.
- I found an old obit (just the obit, no date no nothing) in a ripped up old Bible back in 1997, and my grandma said it was her grandmother's Hattie Neff's Bible. Here is what it read "Bert Garner, who has been sick for some time with consumption, passed to the spirit life last week Friday night at the home of his only sister, Mrs. James Neff, living south and east of Chesaning. Mr. Garner was 29 years old, and has been a resident here for several years. He made no profession of religion but led a good life" I lived in Chesaning and have not found anything about a Bert Garner at all, you would think if he had "been a resident... for several years" I would be able to find something, right??
It's after 1870 to Harriet's marriage that I can not find where Harriet is or Mary is? Did Mary die after 1870? If not, what happened to Mary??