Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Genealogy Blog

Hello friends, I am starting a genealogy blog. I created this blog because I would like to keep other family members updated in my research...and really my webpage on rootsweb is really outdated, but I can't retrieve my password from them (haha) You can check it out at Sherry's Genealogy Pages.

Today I wanted to share an awesome researching resource that was sent to me over the weekend. It's an Online Obituary Index maintained by Public Libraries of Saginaw. It's an index of over 200,000 obituaries from the Saginaw News. And they are adding more and more everyday. You can specifically search the last name and/or date of death to find an obituary you may need. The only downfall to this is... it's just SAGINAW COUNTY, MICHIGAN. Oh that other libraries or Genealogy Societies would start to do this... that would be totally awesome!!


The URL is http://obits.netsource-one.net/


Well, Happy Hunting!
Sherry

No comments: